- All five reading rooms will open initially from Mondays to Fridays. Opening hours
- An FFP2 mask must be worn at all times while on library premises.
- Longer visits/desk reservations: all university members can make their reservations online. Registration necessary. Non university memers cannot make reservations.
- Short visits without desk (No prior appointment)
All library visitors, including non-university members, may go to a reading room to borrow, return and copy media. No prior appointment is necessary but the duration is limited to one hour. The open shelf areas are accessible to short-term users, but not the library desk areas.
- The University Library offers an extraordinary loan of textbooks and reference material for students and doctoral researchers.
- Students can borrow up to 10 textbooks (shelf marks starting with 17/...) and up to 5 reference books at the same time.
- Reference books can be borrowed for up to 14 days, no renewals! Textbooks for one month, renewals in Passau Search Portal.
Books from the closed stacks: all user groups, University members, but also school pupils and local users can order books from the closed stacks via the Passau Search Portal. You can pick up the books/media using the short-term use arrangement at central library.
- Central library check-out desk
Opening hours You can borrow literature ordered in the Passau Search Portal or Lounge Library books ordered from the web form. You can pick up interlibrary loan orders that have arrived (notification by e-mail).
- Interlibrary loans: all user groups can use the Passau Search Portal to order books and article copies via German interlibrary loan. You can pick up the books/media using the short-term use arrangement during the opening hours of the check-out desk. Fees: currently no fees are charged for essay copies either. In any case, no fees have been charged for interlibrary loan books from German libraries in the past.
- As the reading rooms reopen, the University Library will discontinue the delivery service via in-house mail and the scanning service for academics. Academic staff are therefore encouraged to make use of the short visit scheme to borrow and scan media.
- Literature Scanning Service: all user groups of Passau University Library can order journal articles and excerpts of printed books (up to 10% of the text volume) from the local holdings and have them sent to their email address as a PDF attachment. Scan service
- Books and media should be returned at the circulation desk in the central library. Books from out the reading rooms must be returned at the reading romms deks. However, you can also return media by post
- E-books, e-journals and databases are accessible by external access.
- Our information desk can be reached by phone, email or WhatsApp.