When returning the media, we ask you to please send them back to the specific reading room where they are located. For media borrowed from the closed stacks and interlibrary loans, please send those back to the central library.
All user groups can order books from the reading rooms and the closed stacks using the web form. You should then collect your orders from the central library (click here for opening hours) after booking an appointment.
All user groups of Passau University Library can order journal articles and excerpts of printed books (up to 10% of the text volume) from the local holdings and have them sent to their email address as a PDF attachment.
- The central library and all reading rooms will remain closed until further notice as part of the extended lockdown.
- Appointments-based borrowing and return will be available beginning 28th January. You will also be able to pick up older orders that have been ready since December 2020.
- For the time being, please order books via our web form or by e-mail. A maximum of 10 textbooks or 5 reading room books can be borrowed simultaneously.
- The ordering and reservation function in the Passau Search Portal is deactivated for the time being. You can still use the portal for literature search and to renew media.
- Return deadlines for borrowed items have been extended to 28 February 2021.
- Renewals: You help us to get our services running smoothly again after the lockdown if you renew books/media in your account when needed, as you would in normal times.
- Books and media should be returned at the circulation desk in the central library. Remember that you also have to book an appointment before coming in to return books or other media. However, you can also return media by post
- E-books, e-journals and databases are accessible by external access.
- Our information desk can be reached by phone, email or WhatsApp.