From Wednesday, 6 May, you can also make new borrowing requests for media. These will be available for collection from 11 a.m. on Thursday, 7 May as the earliest collection time. You will need to book an appointment beforehand to pick up the media. Depending on the academic discipline, literature is held ready for collection either at the Central Library or the Law Library reading room in the Juridicum Building.
Textbooks and reference holdings
- From 7 May 2020, the University Library offers an extraordinary loan of textbooks and reference material for students and doctoral researchers.
- Students can borrow up to 10 textbooks (shelf marks starting with 17/...) and up to 5 reference books at the same time. Doctoral students can borrow up to 5 reference books (non-circulation holdings) at the same time.
- Reference books can be borrowed for up to 14 days, textbooks for one month.
- Depending on the academic discipline, literature is held ready for collection either at the Central Library or the Law Library reading room in the Juridicum Building.
– Central Library:
textbooks and reference holdings of the Central Library
textbooks and reference holdings of the economics/business reading room
textbooks and reference holdings of the computer science/mathematics reading room
textbooks and philological reference holdings of the Nikolakloster reading room
Closed stacks (shelf marks starting with 0...), see below for how to request
– Juridicum reading room:
textbooks and reference holdings of the Law Library (Juridicum) reading room
legal reference holdings from the Nikolakloster reading room
- You must book an appointment before coming in to pick up your requested media.
- After you make your request using the online form below, you will be asked to book a collection appointment for the relevant reading room.
Books from the closed stacks
- You can request books from the closed stacks from one of the search portals of the University Library. The closed stacks lending service is also available to members of the general public in the city and district of Passau.
- Please use InfoGuide or Primo to request books and media.
- After submitting the form, you have to book an appointment for coming in to pick up your requested media.
- If you requested non-legal textbooks and reference books on the same form, you can pick them up at the Central Library on the same appointment.
If you requested legal textbooks and reference books on the same form, you will have to make two appointments: one for the Juridicum reading room and one for picking up the closed-stacks holdings from the Central Library.
Academic staff: we ask academic staff to continue using the delivery service for literature requests. Contact: the relevant subject librarian team or firstname.lastname@example.org.
You have to book a pick up appointment:
Appointment booking, 4. and 5. June
Appointment booking, 8. and 9. June
Appointment booking, 10. and 12.June
Law Faculty (Juridicum) reading room
Appointment booking from June 2-5
Apointment booking from June 8.-10.
Pick up times: Monday to Friday (except on public holidays) from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Difficulties with booking appointments: phone 0851 509 ext. 1628
Please note that media requested before 12 p.m. will be ready for collection at 12 p.m. on the next working day at the earliest.
Media requested after 12 p.m. will be ready for collection at 9 a.m. on the second working day after the request date at the earliest.
Please arrive on time for your appointment. We cannot provide access to the requested media outside the appointments. If you miss your appointment, you will have to book a new collection appointment.
Please cancel in time if you cannot attend an appointment: phone 0851 509 ext. 1628 (Central Library) or ext. 1616 (Juridicum reading room) or send an e-mail to email@example.com.
Please have your library user card ready when you pick up the books/media. You can pick up books/media for someone else, but you have to provide a signed copy of your identity card and a signed power of attorney.
Please wear a protective face mask or otherwise keep your nose and mouth covered with a scarf or similar garment during the appointment. Always keep a safe distance of at least 1.5 metres from other users.
Questions about requesting and collecting books or other media or booking appointments? Please contact our information desk at telephone 0851 509 1630 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.