- All user groups (including school pupils and other users from the local area) can requests up to 10 Books via our web form.
- Textbooks (from the reading rooms) can be borrowed for up to 14 days, no renewals!
- Other books: basic loan period of 4 weeks, renewals in Passau Search Portal.
- A prior booked appointment is required for collection and check-out. (Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 6:45.p.m.) You must pick up your ordered media from the central library (click here for opening hours).
- Books ordered by 12 noon will be ready for collection from 10 a.m. on the following working day, otherwise from 10 a.m. two working days later (example: If you order after 12 noon on a Friday or at the weekend, the earliest possible collection appointment is 10 a.m. on the following Tuesday).
- Students, doctoral researchers who do not have an office address on campus and non-university members (school pupils and users from the city and region) can use our web form to order up to 10 books (up to 10 textbooks or 5 reading room books)
- Books from the reading rooms have a loan period of 14 days and cannot be renewed.
- Other books have a basic loan period of 4 weeks. To renew these, log into your library user account in the Passau Search Portal.
- Books you order are made available for pick-up in the collection area of the central library (click here for opening hours). You will need to book an appointment whenever you come in to the library to use this service – whether you're borrowing or returning books.
- Books ordered by 12 noon will be ready for collection from 10 a.m. on the following working day, otherwise from 8.30 a.m. two working days later (example: if you order after 12 noon on a Friday or at the weekend, the earliest possible collection appointment is for the following Tuesday). In the underground car park and when entering the building you must wear an FFP2 face mask .
Returning books/media to the central library
All borrowed media must be returned at the central library.
You will need to book an appointment before coming in to borrow or return books/media; however, if you already have an appointment for borrowing additional books/media, you can return borrowed books/media during the same appointment. You can also book the return appointment just before you plan to return the items if there are available timeslots.
Alternatively, you can send in borrowed books by post. Please note that you are liable for any damage and loss during transport. Avoid costly reminders by returning books on time – plan for mail transit times.
We have had the best experience so far with shipping via DHL. Pack the books well in a padded envelope, preferably a bubble envelope.
Then send them to the parcels address:
Passau University Library
94032 Passau, Germany