- Students, doctoral researchers and non-university members can return borrowed media in the Central Library foyer.
Teaching/research assistants (Wissenschaftliche Mitarbeiter/Mitarbeiterinnen) are requested to return media via in-house mail (details below)
- Return times: Monday to Friday (except on public holidays) from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- You do not need to book an appointment for the returns.
- Media that you borrowed from the University Library before it was closed must be returned by 29 May 2020 at the latest. Media borrowed after 8 May must be returned by the deadline shown in the library account if no renewal is possible.
- Return procedure:
- Enter the Central Library through the left main entrance door.
- Maintain a safety distance of at least 1.5 metres to other people in front of the door and in the foyer.
- If necessary, wait outside the door if there are too many people in the foyer to maintain the minimum distance.
- When entering the foyer, please wear a protective face mask or otherwise adequately cover your nose and mouth.
- Place your media in the book boxes provided.
- For your own safety: do not touch other media. It cannot be ruled out that the media stored there are contaminated with the novel coronavirus. According to the federal institute for risk assessment (Bundesinstitut für Risikobewertung), these can remain infectious for up to 24 hours on book covers.
- For epidemiological reasons, media will not be charged back from your user account until 4 p.m. the following day.
Academic staff should please return borrowed media via in-house mail until further notice. Address reading room books to the respective reading room, send closed stacks holdings (call number starting with 0) and interlibrary loans to the Central Library. Contact for enquiries: The relevant subject librarian team or email@example.com.
All coronavirus-related information relevant for the University Library can be found on the library homepage.