Students, doctoral researchers and non-university members can return borrowed media in the Central Library foyer. Expectation: Books out of other reading rooms: return borrowed media in the reading room where borrowed.
Teaching/research assistants (Wissenschaftliche Mitarbeiter/Mitarbeiterinnen) are requested to return media via in-house mail (details below)
- Return times Central Library: In the foyer of the Central Library, return times coincide with the reading room opening times. Please note: Only books returned by 4 p.m. will be booked the same day. Books returned on the weekend are booked in on the following Monday.
- Other Reading Roooms: Return times as opening hours of the rading rooms borrow desk
- Return procedure:
- Enter the Central Library through the left main entrance door.
- Maintain a safety distance of at least 1.5 metres to other people in front of the door and in the foyer.
- If necessary, wait outside the door if there are too many people in the foyer to maintain the minimum distance.
- When entering the foyer, please wear a protective face mask or otherwise adequately cover your nose and mouth.
- Place your media in the book boxes provided.
- For your own safety: do not touch other media. It cannot be ruled out that the media stored there are contaminated with the novel coronavirus. According to the federal institute for risk assessment (Bundesinstitut für Risikobewertung), these can remain infectious for up to 24 hours on book covers.
Academic staff should please return borrowed media via in-house mail until further notice. Address reading room books to the respective reading room, send closed stacks holdings (call number starting with 0) and interlibrary loans to the Central Library. Contact for enquiries: The relevant subject librarian team or email@example.com.
All coronavirus-related information relevant for the University Library can be found on the library homepage.