What kinds of bags are permitted in the reading rooms?
You have a number of options when it comes to transporting your books and other materials in the reading rooms:
- Transparent plastic bags, which you can purchase from the Copy Centre (on the ground floor of the Wiwi building, Innstrasse 27) for €1.30.
- Your own bags, as long as they are see-through and the contents of the bag are clearly visible.
- Sturdy transparent bags (so-called 'BibBags'), which are sold by the Pustet bookshop.
- Reading room baskets, which are available at the reading room entrances. Please make sure you return them there as you leave the library.
- Notebook covers (not laptop bags!) are also permitted in the reading rooms.
The following are not permitted: Any kind of bag from which the contents are not visible, such as rucksacks, school bags, laptop bags, opaque plastic bags, or bags made from paper or textiles.